The Town of Alton, New Hampshire (pop. 5,400) is seeking resumes for the full-time position of Town Planner. The Town is governed by a five-member Board of Selectmen with a Town Administrator. Alton is an SB2 (March) Town with an annual budget of approximately $8 million with an additional $600,000 in Capital Reserve Fund allocations. The Town has approximately 50 FT employees and 80 PT and seasonal employees. The Planning Department is located in the Town Hall at 1 Monument Square. The Town Planner reports to the Town Administrator on a day-to-day basis.
Responsibilities cover all functions of the Town Planner, supervision of Office staff, and, working with the Planning Board. More specifically:
• Responsible for both current planning activities and long-range planning projects.
• Conducts regulatory reviews of site plan and subdivision development applications.
• Coordinates with the Town’s consulting engineers on engineering review of application and construction observations following Planning Board approval.
• Responsible for guiding long-range planning efforts such as master plan updates and other special planning studies.
• Works with the Zoning Amendment Committee and the Planning Board on annual amendments to the Zoning Ordinance.
• Must be able to initiate, develop, document, and present proposals and ideas to a variety of constituents including various boards, developers, and the public at large.
A detailed Job Description is available at www.alton.nh.gov with additional information.
Requirements include a degree in municipal planning or a related degree. Six years' experience in town planning or administration may be substituted for educational requirements. A working knowledge of engineering concepts and NH State Statutes is a plus. Any equivalent combination of experience and education that demonstrates possession of the required knowledge, skills and abilities to fulfill the position requirements.
Salary range is $65,025 - $84,843. Starting salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience. Great benefit package.
Cover letter, resume, and references may be submitted via the following methods:
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Drop off: Selectmen’s Office, Second floor of the Town Hall, 1 Monument Square.
• Postal Mail: Elizabeth Dionne, Town Administrator
Town of Alton
PO Box 659
Alton NH 03809
Position open until filled. EOE.