Call to Order
Approval of Agenda
Public Hearing pursuant to RSA 675:3 on proposed 2018 Zoning Ordinance Amendments
SEE SEPARATE NOTICE ATTACHED
Case # P17-20
Roger Sample, Agent for Alton Woods, LLC
Map 9 Lots 53-2 thru 53-20 (Revoked), Conceptual Consultation
Rural Residential (RR), New Durham Road
Proposal: The project will be to phase in four (4) five (5)-unit townhouses.
Completeness Review of Application and Public Hearing if Application is Accepted as Complete
Case # P17-21
Jeffrey L. Green, LLS, Agent for Scott Dulac, Dulac Motors, LLC
Map 26 Lot 4, Amended Minor Site Plan
Residential Commercial (RC), 46 Suncook Valley Road
Proposal: To amend the Site Plan approved on May 16, 2017, by reconfiguring the parking areas.
Case # P17-22
Michael Bemis of Steven J. Smith & Assoc., Inc., Agent for Richard N. & Deborah A. Kay; and
Porter Street Realty Trust, Stephen P., Jr., & Jody A. Lannan, Trustees
Map 64 Lots 22 & 21, Lot Line Adjustment
Lakeshore Residential (LR), Smith Point Road
Proposal: To adjust the boundary line in a northeasterly direction, by taking 2,151 s.f. from the Porter Street Realty Trust property and adding it to the Kay property, which will give the Kay’s an additional 6.50 feet of road frontage, plus this adjustment will rid the encroachments from the Kay property.
Case # P17-23
Thomas W. Varney, P.E., Agent for Newton Porter Foundation/Camp Kabeyun
Map 18 Lot 4, Final Major Site Plan
Lakeshore Residential (LR), Kabeyun Road
Proposal: To add a staff building to the property with its main function as a lounge area and meeting room. The building is to be twenty-eight (28’) feet by forty-four (44’) feet, one story, located two-hundred ten (210’) feet off the access drive.
Case # P17-24
Thomas W. Varney, P.E., Agent for Green Oak Realty Development, LLC/Keith Babb
Map 5 Lot 72, Excavation Permit Application
Rural (RU), Suncook Valley Road
Proposal: To operate an excavation in accordance with the Town of Alton Excavation Regulations.
1. Old Business:
a. Letter dated 29 November 2017, from John Dever, III, Code Official, to Nic Strong, re: Closure of pit at Countway property, 1748 Wolfeboro Highway, Map 21, Lot 36.
2. New Business:
3. Approval of Minutes: November 7, 2017, Planning Board/CIP Committee Meeting
November 21, 2017, Planning Board Meeting
4. Correspondence for the Board's review/discussion/action:
a. Letter dated November 14, 2017, from Thomas W. Varney, P.E., Varney Engineering, LLC, to Nic Strong, re: Case #P10-28, Paul Beckett, Hilltop Estates, Route 28, Alton, NH, and attached background information.
5. Correspondence for the Board's information:
a. 2018 Meeting Schedule
6. Any Other Business that may come before the Board:
Public Input on Non-Case Specific Local Planning Issues
Peter Bolster, Planning Board Chairman
ALTON PLANNING BOARD
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Notice is hereby given that the ALTON PLANNING BOARD will hold a PUBLIC HEARING on TUESDAY, December 19, 2017, starting at 6:00 P.M. in the ALTON TOWN HALL, ALTON, NH, to consider proposed amendments to the Alton Zoning Ordinance for 2018 ballot vote, as summarized below:
1. To amend Article 300 General Provisions, Section 360 Non-Habitable Structure as Principal Building on a Lot, to specify that they are not permitted in the Recreation Service (RS) Zone, to amend Article 400 Zoning Districts Regulations, Section 401 Permitted Uses - Table of Uses, to add the size limits and to change the garage, workshop or shed larger than 240 s.f. in the Lakeshore Residential (LR) Zone from not permitted to requiring a Special Exception.
2. To amend Article 300 General Provisions, Section 335 Appearance Review, Sub-section B, Review process, to add language that would allow the Zoning Board of Adjustment to review applications for compliance with the intent of Section 335.
3. To amend Article 300 General Provisions, to add a new Section 321 Obnoxious, Hazardous or Unsafe Conditions and to amend Article 200 Definitions to add a definition of obnoxious.
4. To amend Article 300 General Provisions, to add a new Section 352 Temporary Use of a Manufactured Home.
5. To amend Article 200 Definitions, Contractor Equipment Storage, to include maintenance of equipment, and sales and processing of construction and landscape materials, to amend Article 400 Zoning Districts Regulations, Section 401 Permitted Uses - Table of Uses, Retail Business and Service #16, to change the title of Contractor Equipment Storage to Contractor's Yard, to delete the notes and to add directions to Special Exception requirements, and to amend Article 400 Zoning Districts Regulations, Sections 444 Special Exceptions, 451 Permitted Uses, and 462 Permitted Uses, to add new sub-sections regarding Contractor's Yards.
6. To amend Article 400 Zoning Districts Regulations, Section 412 Restrictions Governing Use, to change the required frontage on a Lakeshore Residential lot with no lake frontage from 150' to 75' at the street or highway line, and to add a new sub-section d. requiring mainland lakefront lots created after March 13, 2018, to have fifty feet of street frontage.
7. To amend Article 200 Definitions, to add a new definition for Agriculture for Personal, Non-Commercial Use, to amend Article 300 General Provisions, to add a new Section 318 Agriculture for Personal, Non-Commercial Use, and to amend Article 400 Zoning Districts Regulations, Section 401 Table of Uses, to permit Agriculture for Personal, Non-Commercial Use.
8. To amend Article 300 General Provisions, Section 319 Standards for Accessory Dwelling Units, to specify that an application for sewage disposal for accessory dwelling units shall be submitted prior to construction, to prohibit condominium conveyance of any accessory dwelling unit separate from that of the principal dwelling unit, and to add a new #14. to prohibit accessory dwelling units with multiple single-family dwellings attached to each other, such as townhouses, and with manufactured housing.
9. To amend Article 200 Definitions, to amend the definitions of Duplex or Two-Family Dwelling; Frontage, Shoreland; Protected Shoreland; and, Reference Line.
10. To amend Article 200 Definitions, to add a definition for Health Club/Fitness Center/Gym and to amend Article 400 Zoning Districts Regulations, Section 401 Table of Uses, to add new use #52. Health Club/Fitness Center/Gym.
Copies of the full text of the 2018 Amendments to the Alton Zoning Ordinance proposed by the Planning Board are available free of charge from the Planning Department during regular business hours, are posted at the Post Office and Town Hall for viewing purposes only, and can be found on the Town of Alton website www.alton.nh.gov.
If inclement weather necessitates cancelling the public hearing, then the public hearing will be continued to a "snow date" of Wednesday, December 20, 2017, starting at 6:00 P.M. in the ALTON TOWN HALL, ALTON, NH. A notice shall be posted on the front door of Town Hall announcing the meeting cancellation on December 19th and the continued meeting date of December 20th.
12/8/17 ALTON PLANNING BOARD