Town of Alton

Official Website of Alton, New Hampshire

Land Use Board Alternates

Alternate members are needed for both the Planning Board (PB) and the Zoning Board of Adjustment (ZBA). Alternate members stand in to replace a regular member when appointed by the Chair. The availability of alternate members allows a fuller contingent of board members to consider applications before the Board when regular members are absent. Serving as an alternate member allows a person to gain experience with the Board and evaluate whether they might like to run for election in the future to become a regular Board member. If you are a full-time Alton resident, can attend monthly meetings, and are interested in becoming an alternate Board member, please contact the Planning Department at (603) 875-2162 or email

The Planning Board meets every third Tuesday of the month. The ZBA meets every first Thursday of the month.


Back to Top