ALTON CONSERVATION COMMISSION
NOTICE OF MEETING
ALTON TOWN HALL
September 22nd, 2022
Gene Young, Chairman Dana Rhodes, Vice Chairman Earl Bagley
Russ Wilder Tom Diveny David Mank
Reuben Wentworth, Selectman’s Rep
Call Meeting to Order:
Approval of Agenda:
Approval of Minutes:
PERMITS AND APPLICATIONS
(Any permit or application that has been signed off by the Chair or Vice-Chair is
entered here for the record, unless any Commissioner has questions or comments)
Planning Board/ZBA Department Head Review Agenda Items:
1) Case #Z22-21, Kinnicutt Family Trust, c/o Mark & Corinne Kinnicutt, Ttees., Owners - A Variance is requested to Article 300, Section 327 A. 2 of the Zoning Ordinance to permit the construction of a garage 16.2’ away from the property line at its closest point.
Wetland Permit by Notification (PBN):
1) Wetlands Permit by Notification (PBN) – James C & Carol E Irrevocable Trust, 544 Rattlesnake Island, M79 L26 – Applicant proposes to remove remains of and ice-damaged permanent docking structure and replace with a 6’ X 40’ seasonal hinged pier anchored to a 7’ x 4’ concrete pad constructed behind legal full lake elevation 504.32 on the shore of this Lake Winnipesaukee property. – Project involves no additional impacts to NHDES jurisdiction.
No comments or concerns, Signed by Dana Rhodes 9/15/2022
Standard Wetlands Dredge and Fill Applications:
1) Standard Dredge and Fill Wetlands Application – Swanson, 60 Big Barn Door Island, M81 L33 – Repair an existing breakwater and associated dockage “in-kind”, construct a new x 34 piling supported pier parallel to existing dockage to provide 2 boatslips on +107’ average footage. Install two fender pilings to provide 4 way tie off and provide safety buffer against shallow water & shoreline for boats utilizing new slip.
2) Standard Dredge and Fill Wetlands Application – James Round, 159 Mt. Major Highway / NH Rt. 11- Applicant is proposing to repair an existing, grandfathered 190 sq. ft. / 17LF Wooden Pilling Dock.
Reoccurring/Unfinished Business & Projects:
1) Lake Lay Monitoring Program
2) Property Monitoring and Reports
3) Green Oak Realty
3) Natural Resources Inventory Update
5) Gilman pond Management Plan
• Current Use Change Tax warrant article
7) Conserved property signs
8) Future conservation opportunities
Vice Chair Report-
Member Reports -Notice of Intent to Cut Timber:
• Response to RFMI – Shoreland Application – Julie and Michael Harrison, 10 Cascade Terrace, M39 L14
• NHDES RFMI – Expedited Minimum Impact Project Permit Application – Andre Thibodeau, M16 L23-4
• NHDES RFMI – Standard Dredge and Fill Wetlands Application – Brenda A Rubbico Rev. Trust, M37 L45
• NHDES-Reported Alleged Violation – Keith & Suzanna Payzant, Grammy’s Way, M28 L55-1.
• Incomplete Wetlands PBN - Paul G Church – Grammy’s Way, M28 L55-1
Date and time of next meeting:
• October 13th, 2022 at 6PM