ALTON CONSERVATION COMMISSION
NOTICE OF MEETING
March 11, 2021 6:00 P.M.
Call Meeting to Order:
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE: To keep our members and staff safe, and to comply with RSA 91-A, the COVID-19 State of Emergency, and the Governor's Orders on restrictions at public gatherings, the Town of Alton is holding “remote audio participation meetings”. If you cannot attend remotely, please contact the Conservation Secretary at 603-875-2164 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions. To remotely attend the meeting visit our website: www.Alton.nh.gov for telephone access and Zoom access instructions listed under News and Announcements on the home page the day of the meeting. If you are having difficulties accessing the remote meeting, please call 603-507-1002 and someone will assist you.
The Commission voted on October 8, 2020 to temporarily suspend in-person public input due to the SARS-coV-2 pandemic If the public has comments, the comments can be emailed to the Conservation Commission at email@example.com or sent via US postal mail to Town of Alton Conservation Commission, PO Box 659, Alton NH 03809, and the comments will be read into the record. The Commission will respond to comments as is appropriate.
Approval of Agenda:
Approval of Minutes:
February 11, 2021
Planning Board/ZBA Agenda Items:
1) Zoning Board- Dept Head Review Request- Greg Ward- 122 Powder Mill Rd, M12 L61- Special Exception to permit a residential garage to be the principle building on a lot. (Gene Young reviewed- 2/18/21)
2) Planning Board- Dept Head Review Request- Greg Ward- 122 Powder Mill Rd, M12 L61- Applicant proposes to subdivide Map 12 Lot 61 into 4 lots, with Lot 1 to be 11.88ac, Lot 2 to be 3.1ac, Lot 3 to be 4.82ac & Lot 4 to be 2.9ac.
3) Planning Board- Dept Head Review Request- Baumann Trust, Gateway Trust & W&W Ralph Trust LLC- Halls Hill Rd, M7 L2 & M4 L7- Applicant proposes to adjust lot lines for 4 lots of record. Map 7 Lot 2 adjusted from 855ac to 895ac, Map 4 Lot 7 adjusted from 85.8ac to 50.78ac, Map 8 Lot 1-4 adjusted from 10ac to 5.09ac, and Map 8 Lot 3-14 adjusted from 14.25ac to 14.16ac.
4) Planning Board- Dept Head Review Request- Anthony Eldridge- Rte 28 & Old Wolfeboro Rd, M15 L13- Applicant proposes to subdivide into 2 lots, with the parent lot becoming 2.68ac and the new lot to be 2.84ac.
Standard Wetlands Dredge and Fill Applications:
1) Boccelli Family Realty Trust- 115 Mount Major Hwy, M36 L12- Replace 42’ of existing cement wall that has failed and falling forward. There will be no change in its’ length or configuration.
Wetland Permit by Notification (PBN):
1) Andrew Freeston- 706 Rattlesnake Island, M79 L2- Install 2 seasonal 80”x76” PWC lifts on existing U-shaped dock near the shore. The lift legs will sit on the rocky bottom and meet the setback requirements. Access will be from the docks, not the land.
2) Michael Schneider- 1786 Mount Major Hwy, M66 L13- Repair/replace existing 7’8”x47’ dock supported on a 7’8”x37’ wood/rock crib & associated ice-clusters & piles; as well as Install a 14’x30’ seasonal canopy utilizing existing piles along the shore of Winnipesaukee. (G.Young Signed 3/5/21)
Minimum Impact Expedited Applications: None
Shoreland Permit Application: None
Shoreland Permit by Notification (PBN): None
Notification of Routine Roadway Maintenance Activities: None
Reoccurring/Unfinished Business & Projects:
1) Green Oak Realty-
a) Timber Ridge CE
b) Parkhurst CE
3) Canoe & Kayak Access to Merrymeeting River-
Q.Golden to draft letter requesting that Brad Bissell speak to the Commission regarding his interest in the project and will inform the Board at their next meeting.
4) Gaia GPS Professional Account-
5) Gilman Pond Field Mowing- Rodney Sanborn (2016), Benjamin Thompson 534-4494 (2018), Andrew Morse 817-8191, Burt Morse 455-2605, Dave Avery 569-9162
6) Monitoring Records Database setup on Town servers-
Wes Demers, UNH Volunteer update.
7) Shape Files for Timbers, PMHS & Hussy Properties- update
Commissioner Reports: None
New Business & Projects:
1) Tax Deeded Properties- Conservation Commission recommendations requested by BOS.
2) Quinn Golden-
Notice of Intent to Cut Timber:
1) Justin Cooper- Avery Hill Rd, M10 L6
2) 74 Valley Rd LLC- Valley Rd, M6 L37-7
3) Ryan Heath- Alton Mountain Rd, M10 L26-1
1) Bank Statements for Con/Com & Forest Fund Review
2) DES Wetlands Permit- Constance/Jeffrey Walsh, 140 Smith Point Rd, M64 L16-2- Approved-11/3/20
3) SPNHF Membership Renewal Form
4) DES Complaint Notice- Waystack, 40 Elm St, M65 L51 & 72. Seasonal dock installed without a permit.
5) DES Complaint Notice- Johnson, 484 Rattlesnake Island, M79 L38. Seasonal dock installed without a permit.
6) DES Complaint Notice- Breton, 482 Rattlesnake Island, M79 L39. Unpermitted 10x10 seasonal platform.
7) NH Fish & Game- Trails for People & Wildlife Update- Webinar posted at wildnh.com/trails.
8) RFMI Letter to DES from Ogonowski-Michaud Family Trust, 51 Keewaydin Dr, M38 L23
9) Belknap Range Conservation Coalition Meeting Minutes
10) DES Incomplete Wetlands PBN- Fletcher, 365 Rattlesnake Island, M77 L6