ALTON CONSERVATION COMMISSION
NOTICE OF MEETING
ALTON TOWN HALL
August 26, 2021 at 6:00 P.M.
Members and others Present:
Gene Young, Chairman Quinn Golden, Vice Chairman Earl Bagley
Russ Wilder Dana Rhodes Tom Diveny, Alternate
Virgil Macdonald, Selectmen’s Rep Bob Doyle Melinda Ferreira, Secretary
Call Meeting to Order:
Approval of Agenda:
Approval of Minutes:
August 12, 2021
PERMITS AND APPLICATIONS
(Any permit or application that has been signed off by the Chair or Vice-Chair is entered here for the record, unless any Commissioner has questions or comments)
Planning Board/ZBA Agenda Items:
1) Z21-21: Lambert, Susan & Michael & Fay, Kristine & Anthony, Sanctuary Ln, M37 L32- Applicant requests a Variance of the Zoning Ordnance to permit the construction of a new home 20’ into the 25’ front setback within the Lakeshore Residential (LR) Zone.
2) Z21-22, 23 & 24: Alton Bay Christian Conf Center (ABCA), Beacon Ave Cottage #1, #2 & #3, M34 L33- Applicant requests a Special Exception of the Zoning Ordinance to permit the expansion of use by the construction of 3 cottages in the Lakeshore Residential (LR) Zone.
Standard Wetlands Dredge and Fill Applications:
1) Sun Water Holding Company LLC, 262 Damon Dr, M46 L18- Applicant proposes to install a permanent piling supported boatlift and a 14x30ft seasonal canopy, in addition to repairing existing dockage and breakwater.
2) Tourison, Maurice Living Trust, 209 Damon Dr, M46 L7- Applicant proposes to repair the existing breakwater in-kind using existing materials. No change in size, location or configuration is proposed.
Wetland Permit by Notification (PBN):
Minimum Impact Expedited Applications:
Shoreland Permit Applications:
1) Tilton, Mark & Fadden, Maureen- 293 Main St, M31 L25- Applicant proposes to construct a new house with garage and apartment on site of a previous home site that was destroyed by fire. A new septic system and stormwater measures to be installed.
Shoreland Permit by Notification (PBN):
1) Richardson, Russell & Donna Marie- 76 Rattlesnake Island, M75 L45- Applicant proposes to impact 324 sf within the shoreland zone to install a new accessory building placed approximately 76’ from the lake on nine sono-tubes which are to be hand dug. Temporary impacts are limited to footprint of building (324 sf). Total impact within the shoreland zone equals 648 sf.
Notification of Routine Roadway Maintenance Activities: None
Reoccurring/Unfinished Business & Projects:
1) Green Oak Realty-
3) Canoe & Kayak Access to Merrymeeting River-
4) Gaia GPS Professional Account-
5) Gilman Pond Field Mowing- Rodney Sanborn (2016), Benjamin Thompson 534-4494 (2018), Andrew Morse 817-8191, Burt Morse 455-2605, Dave Avery 569-9162
6) Shape Files for Timbers, PMHS & Hussy Properties-
7) Natural Resource Inventory Update-
8) NH Lakes- Invoice
9) NHACC- Invoice
1) New Alternate- David Mank- Will be present to meet with Commission this evening
Notice of Intent to Cut Timber:
1) Budgeted Expense Sheet/Bank Statements
2) Letter from ConCom to Magraw-Sunset Shore Dr- Request for Land Conservancy
3) Email from ConCom to Lake Winni Association- Boat Launch Monitoring Program
4) Email from ConCom to Scott Simonds- Mowing the Capped Landfill
5) DES Shoreland Permit-Payzant- 183 Sunset Shore Dr, M70 L31
6) DES Violation Letter- Waystack- 40 Elm St, M65 L72
7) DES Town Landfill, Hurd Hill Rd Groundwater Quality Monitoring Letter
8) BCCD Email RE: Grant Approvals from National Fish & Wildlife Foundation
Date and Time of Next Meeting:
Thursday, September 9, 2021, at 6:00pm