ALTON CONSERVATION COMMISSION
NOTICE OF MEETING
ALTON TOWN HALL
October 14, 2021 at 6:00 P.M.
Members and others Present:
Gene Young, Chairman Dana Rhodes Earl Bagley
Russ Wilder Tom Diveny David Mank, Alternate
Virgil Macdonald, Selectmen’s Rep Bob Doyle Melinda Ferreira, Secretary
Call Meeting to Order:
Approval of Agenda:
Approval of Minutes:
September 23, 2021
PERMITS AND APPLICATIONS
(Any permit or application that has been signed off by the Chair or Vice-Chair is entered here for the record, unless any Commissioner has questions or comments)
Planning Board/ZBA Department Head Review Agenda Items:
1) P21-25- Blomerth & Blomerth LLC, 1 Locomotive Dr, M65 L17- Final Minor Site Plan in the LR Zone- Applicant proposes to change the railroad building at Springhaven Campground to a year-round residential use and to expand the building.
2) P21-26- Justin & Jessica Cooper, Avery Hill Rd, M10 L6 & 6-1 thru 6-11- Lot Line Adjustment in the Rural Zone- Applicant proposes to adjust the boundaries between 12 existing smaller lots of record to create five (5) conforming lots.
3) P21-27- Alton Bay Christian Conference Center (ABCCC), Beacon Ave, M34 L33- Design Review/Major Site Plan in the Residential Zone- Applicant proposes to construct three (3) cottages in the existing Conference Center; each proposed to be approximately 750sqft.
(see prior comments in packet)
Standard Wetlands Dredge and Fill Applications: None
Wetland Permit by Notification (PBN):
1) Mark Mills, 19 Richardson Dr, M38 L47- Applicant proposes to repair retaining wall back to its’ natural state. Area consists of sand, rock and gravel. Shoreline banking is eroding because existing retaining wall has deteriorated with cracks and falling stones. The plan is to restore the banking to its’ natural state and stop further erosion.
Minimum Impact Expedited Applications: None
Shoreland Permit Applications:
1) Raymond Leach, 293 Trask Side Rd, M43 L18- Applicant proposes to construct an addition to the home with no increase in wastewater flow. The work will render more than 30% of the lot impervious.
Shoreland Permit by Notification (PBN): None
Notification of Routine Roadway Maintenance Activities: None
Reoccurring/Unfinished Business & Projects:
1) Green Oak Realty-
3) Canoe & Kayak Access to Merrymeeting River-
4) Gaia GPS Professional Account-
5) Gilman Pond Field Mowing- Camire Tree Service of Rochester to do mowing in late October for $250-$400.
6) Shape Files for Timbers, PMHS & Hussy Properties-
7) Natural Resource Inventory Update-
New Business: None
Notice of Intent to Cut Timber:
1) Richard Hilton, Meaderboro Rd, Map 1 Lot 29-1; 1.5acre cut
2) Kirk Coulter, Rte 28, Map 19 Lot 8-2; 20acre cut
3) Edward Marraffa, Mount Major Hwy (Rt 11)- through Piecuch, Map 17 Lot 18; 1.5acre cut
1) Wetland Crossing Proposal at Stockbridge Corner- Peter Farrell
Vice Chair Report-
1) Budgeted Expense Sheet/Bank Statements
2) BRCC Membership Dues & Annual Agenda
3) DES Shoreland Permit- Mourgenos- 17 Echo Pt Rd, M40 L44-1
4) DES Shoreland Permit- Thomson- 80 Loon Cove Rd, M49 L39
5) DES Shoreland Permit- Rowinski- 64 Minge Cove Rd, M59 L9
6) DES Wetlands Permit- Sun Water Holding Co- 262 Damon Dr, M46 L18
7) DES Wetlands Permit- Awalt- 18 Melody Ln, M59 L13
8) DES Shoreland Permit- Blanton BC Realty Trust- 3&6 Charles Circle, M40 L33,34 &35
Date and Time of Next Meeting:
Thursday, October 28, 2021, at 6:00pm