ALTON CONSERVATION COMMISSION
NOTICE OF MEETING
ALTON TOWN HALL
January 27, 2022 at 6:00 P.M.
Members and others Present:
Gene Young, Chairman Dana Rhodes, Vice Chairman Earl Bagley
Russ Wilder Tom Diveny Bob Doyle
Virgil Macdonald, Selectmen’s Rep David Mank, Alternate
Call Meeting to Order:
Approval of Agenda:
Approval of Minutes:
January 13, 2022
PERMITS AND APPLICATIONS
(Any permit or application that has been signed off by the Chair or Vice-Chair is entered here for the record, unless any Commissioner has questions or comments)
Planning Board/ZBA Department Head Review Agenda Items:
1) Planning Case# P22-01- Alan, Patricia &Michael Wentworth- Hamwoods Rd, M3 L4-3 & 4-4- Applicant requests a Lot Line Adjustment in the Rural (RU) Zone to adjust lot lines for two (2) lots of record. M3 L4-3 adjusted from 5.07ac to 15.976ac; and M3 L4-4 adjusted from 29.61ac to 18.706ac.
2) Zoning Case# Z22-02- Kemper Landholdings LLC- 67 Drew Hill Rd, M19 L32- Applicant requests a Special Exception from the Zoning Ordiance to permit a Contractor’s Yard in the Rural Zone (RU).
3) Planning Case# P22-02- John Matarozo- 436 Suncook Valley Rd, M9 L6- Applicant proposes a Final Major Site Plan to construct two (2) boat storage buildings, small office building, and gravel parking area in the Rural (RU) Zone.
4) Planning Case# P22-03- Keith Dube-Piperdube LLC- 800 Suncook Valley Rd, M2 L12- Applicant proposes a Final Major Site Plan to operate as a Contractor’s Yard for a landscaping business, and construct a Self-Storage Facility consisting of two (2) storage buildings in the Rural (RU) Zone.
5) Planning Case# P22-04- Jeffrey & Van Hertel- Hogdon Rd, M15 L9-3- Applicant proposes a Final Major Site Plan to construct a Self-Storage Facility consisting of two (2) storage buildings in the Residential Rural (RR) Zone.
Standard Wetlands Dredge and Fill Applications:
1) Glenn & Christine Saba, 21 Pumpkin Point, M51 L14- Applicant proposes to construct a seasonal ‘T’shaped single slip dock with 7x4 concrete pad at the high water mark. The subject property has 131’avg water frontage allowing for 2 boat slips. The existing structure provides for 1 slip due to water depth. Modifications to the existing structure is not possible without encroaching the 20’ setback to the westerly lot line. The new structure will not encroach the 20’setback, and no trees will need to be cleared. This proposal is the least impacting alternative to provide for a 2nd slip for the property. The bed bottom at the proposed location has no vegetation and consists of rocks and boulders that the proposed dock structure will span over giving access to open water.
Wetland Permit by Notification (PBN): None.
Minimum Impact Expedited Applications:
1) Krista Manickas & Dean Martino- Applicant proposes to replace an existing 6x33.5 dock in need to repair with a new 6x40 seasonal hinge dock anchored at the shore, landward of full lake elevation. The anchoring pad will require 10sf of temporary disturbance for the install which will be stabilized post installation. While the install of the concrete anchoring pad is being performed, the project area will be surrounded by a turbidity curtain. There will be an addition of 39sq of dock area, and will be placed in the same location as the existing. It has received written consent for the dock to be placed within the 20’ wetlands setback to property lines. (Signature Requested for Expedited Status)
Shoreland Permit Applications:
1) Scott Pueschel & Charlotte Finigan, 8 Lovern Ln, M51 L32- Applicant proposes to add an addition with garage to the existing cottage. Stormwater measures to be installed. Driveway to be reconfigured for the garage.
2) Mary & James Kehoe, 282 Sleepers Island, M73 L55- Applicant proposes to replace the existing cottage & tie in to existing septic, add a 12x24 permeable patio, replace/move existing shed, add new 12x16 accessory structure on sono-tubes & install 72’ of drip edge infiltration trenches along cottage perimeter. Impact to be approx. 4449sqft.
Shoreland Permit by Notification (PBN): None
Notification of Routine Roadway Maintenance Activities: None
Reoccurring/Unfinished Business & Projects:
1) Green Oak Realty-
• Society for the Protection of NH Forests – Executory interest, young & Rollins Forest monitoring report
3) Canoe & Kayak Access to Merrymeeting River-
4) Lay Lake Monitoring Program- discuss adoption, management, and funding
5) Natural Resource Inventory Update- Discuss latest request for additional data from Lakes Region Planning Commission, funding source
6) 2022 Budget Review
1) Town Clerk/Tax Collector Land Use Change Tax (LUCT) Funds to be deposited to the Conservation Fund for Tax Year 2021- $121,175.00
2) Request from Mike Gelinas for snowmobile trail on Gilman Pond property– discussion
Notice of Intent to Cut Timber:
1) Clay Point Rd- Simonenko Family Trust, M21 L1-3- 2acre cut
2) Drew Hill Rd- Young Rollins Fam Rev Trust, M15 L31-B- 10acre cut
Vice Chair Report-
1) Budgeted Expense Sheet/Bank Statements
2) NHDES RFMI- Keenan, Hopewell Rd, M21 L5-6
3) NHDES Wetlands Permit- Locicero Family Rev Trust- 193 Sunset Shore Dr, M71 L1
4) NHDES Wetlands Permit- WWD Properties c/o Giles Davidson- 1 Garden Park Rd, M60 L17
5) NHDES Wetlands Permit- Koning- 258 Sleepers Island, M74 L41
6) NHDES Wetlands Permit- O’Brien- 160 Spring St, M38 L8
7) NHDES Wetlands & Shoreland Permit Extension Approval- Kroon- 23 Roger St, M54 L11
Date and Time of Next Meeting:
• Thursday, February 10, 2022, at 6:00pm