ALTON CONSERVATION COMMISSION
NOTICE OF MEETING
ALTON TOWN HALL
August 10th 2023 6PM
Gene Young, Chairman Dana Rhodes, Vice Chairman Earl Bagley
Russ Wilder Tom Diveny David Mank
Brock Mitchell,Selectman’s Rep
Call Meeting to Order:
Approval of Agenda:
Approval of Minutes:
• 7/13/23 Meeting Minutes
PERMITS AND APPLICATIONS
(Any permit or application that has been signed off by the Chair or Vice-Chair is
entered here for the record, unless any Commissioner has questions or comments)
Planning Board/ZBA Department Head Review Agenda Items:
1) # Z23-14, Scott & Janis Mosher, M34 L33-66 - A Special Exception is requested from Article 300, Section 320.D. & G. to permit upgrading and expanding existing cottage.
Wetland Permit by Notification (PBN):
1) Wetlands PBN – Watson, 654 Rattlesnake Island, M79 L8 – Make Necessary repairs to an existing 31’ breakwater and 4’w cantilevered dock previously permitted under NHDES Wetlands Bureau Approval 1198-0115 and repaired previously under NHDES Wetlands Bureau Approval 2004-02058. Repairs to meet Env-Wt. 104.05 “repair” and Env-513.24 (a)(2). Breakwater repairs to consist of replacing fallen or dislodged breakwater material, no new rock material is proposed. Appropriate erosion controls to be utilized.
-Signed by Dana Rhodes 8/1/23
2) Wetlands PBN – Casaccio, 13 Virginia Court, M41 L6 – Need to replace pilings located under my dock structure as they have rotted. Owner believes the pilings are 1ft X 1ft. Old pilings will be removed and disposed of and new pilings will be placed in the same spot as old pilings. This structure is located on echo point in Alton Bay.
- Signed by Dana Rhodes 8/7/2023
3) Wetlands PBN – Family Affair Realty Trust, M 35 L1 – 1. Repair existing 10’-4” X 22’-4” boathouse and associated permanent docking structure supported on (2) full wood/rock cribs; 2. Repair cracked portions of existing 134 lf concrete retaining wall “in-the-dry”; and 3. Repair existing 21’-9” wooden privacy fence along the shore of this Lake Winnipesaukee property. All repairs shall be done with no change in size, location or configurations.
- Signed by Dana Rhodes 8/7/2023
Minimum Impact Expedited Applications:
Standard Wetlands Dredge and Fill Applications:
Shoreland Permit by Notification (SPBN):
1) Shoreland PBN – Michael & Melissa Baro, 374 Sleepers Island, M73 L34 – Provide a marine railway elevator system to access home approximately 60ft in elevation and 100fg from dock. Post supports to be hand driven into ground and will result in a temporary impact of not more than 17.38 sf. The outside of rail system will be 41.5” wide and consist of 2” x 3” galv rails. The marine railway will utilize a 4’x5’ carriage to safely carry the owners and their guest.
Shoreland Permit Applications:
1) Shoreland Permit Application – Michael & Catherine Sirois, 354 Route 11-D, M53 L3 – Removal of 120’x80’ tennis court to be replaced by 80’x50’ slab-on-grade for future barn structure. Driveway modifications to extend drive to proposed barn doors. Remove & replace 850 SF+ /- of existing stone patio. Selective thinning to remove leaning or unhealthy trees. Improve privacy screening with vegetation and fencing.
Notification of Routine Roadway Maintenance Activities:
Reoccurring/Unfinished Business & Projects:
1) Lake Lay Monitoring Program
2) Property Monitoring and Reports
3) Green Oak Realty
4) Natural Resources Inventory Update
5) Gilman pond Management Plan
6) Budget –
7) Conserved property signs
8) Future conservation opportunities
Vice Chair Report-
• Freese - Mount Bet
Notice of Intent to Cut Timber:
• NHDES Reported Alleged Violation – 994 Rattlesnake Island, M75 L78
Date and time of next meeting:
• August 24th 2023 6PM