ALTON CONSERVATION COMMISSION
NOTICE OF MEETING
ALTON TOWN HALL
January 12th, 2023 & 6 P.M.
Gene Young, Chairman Dana Rhodes, Vice Chairman Earl Bagley
Russ Wilder Tom Diveny David Mank
Reuben Wentworth, Selectman’s Rep
Call Meeting to Order:
Approval of Agenda:
Approval of Minutes:
PERMITS AND APPLICATIONS
(Any permit or application that has been signed off by the Chair or Vice-Chair is
entered here for the record, unless any Commissioner has questions or comments)
Planning Board/ZBA Department Head Review Agenda Items:
1) Case #P23-01 Randy & Misty Couch, Map 11 Lot 12-10,128 Alton Mountain Road - Site Plan Review/Minor Residential Rural (RR) Zone, Proposal: To change single-family dwelling into a four (4) unit multi-family structure.
Wetland Permit by Notification (PBN):
Minimum Impact Expedited Applications:
Standard Wetlands Dredge and Fill Applications:
1) Standard Wetlands Dredge and Fill Application – Gale Mender, 780 Rattlesnake Island, M78 L7 – The project proposes extending the existing 34 ft. breakwater by 10ft to allow 50ft shore, extending the breakwater dock, rebuilding the existing crib dock and adding a second 6ft X 30ft crib and 4ft x 12ft connecting walkway. The additional breakwater length will increase the impact area by approximately 175ft and will require approximately 30yrds of breakwater rock.
2) Standard Wetlands Dredge and Fill Application – David Bossman, 203 Trask Side Road, M42 L23 – Project proposes to modify/reduce the easterly piling supported pier eliminating 3.08’x32.78’ to have the center boat slip are measure 14’ between docks thereby reducing permanent impacts over the lake. Redrive 3 support pilings due to the reduction in dock and make any necessary repairs to the existing dock structure. The project meets Env-Wt. 31107 demonstration of avoidance & minimization by removing permeant square foot impacts over and within public waters (-100.4sf) the modification / reduction meets Env-Wt 307.13 (a) property line setbacks and Env-Wt 513.10 setback requirements for docking structures. The repairs would be considered a minimum impact per Env-Wt. 513.24 (a)(2) and the modification would be consider a minor impact per Env-Wt. 513.24(b)
Shoreland Permit by Notification (SPBN):
Shoreland Permit Applications:
1) Shoreland Permit Application – Maureen & Anthony Burn, 179 Sunset Shore Road, M70 L30 – Applicant proposes to add an 8’X28’ addition to an existing cottage on its northerly side. Drip edges will be installed to capture storm water runoff.
2) Shoreland Permit Application –1794 East LLC (Andrew & Sharron Kenny), Woodlands Road, and M56 L38-1 – Project proposes to construct a driveway within the 250 foot shoreland buffer, impacting 2,822 SF of area with 1,537 SF being new impervious driveway.
3) Shoreland Permit Application – Stephen Latulippe, Powder Mill Road, M12 L67-4 – Applicant proposes to build a house on a vacant lot. Driveway and existing wetland permit #2000-00740 are already installed. A state approved septic plan will be installed. Existing foot path to pond existing dock will not be modified.
Notification of Routine Roadway Maintenance Activities:
Reoccurring/Unfinished Business & Projects:
1) Lake Lay Monitoring Program
2) Property Monitoring and Reports
3) Green Oak Realty
4) Natural Resources Inventory Update
5) Gilman pond Management Plan
7) Conserved property signs
8) Future conservation opportunities
1) Letter of interest to permanently protect Longstack Precipice
Vice Chair Report-
Notice of Intent to Cut Timber:
1) 68 Basin Road, Robert Diorio, Letter of Notice of Appeal from Bosen & Associates Attorneys at Law.
2) NHDES Reported Alleged Violation – 56 Sleepers Island, M73 L15
3) NHDES RFMI. Standard Dredge and Fill Wetlands, Cascade Terrace, M39 L1
4) Jill Houser Volunteer Time Record
5) Conservation General Fund Expense Sheet 12/15/2022
6) Conservation General Fund Expense Sheet 1/05/2023
Date and time of next meeting: