ALTON CONSERVATION COMMISSION
NOTICE OF MEETING
ALTON TOWN HALL
February 9th, 2023 6 P.M.
Gene Young, Chairman Dana Rhodes, Vice Chairman Earl Bagley
Russ Wilder Tom Diveny David Mank
Reuben Wentworth, Selectman’s Rep
Call Meeting to Order:
Approval of Agenda:
Approval of Minutes:
Presentations and Consultations:
PERMITS AND APPLICATIONS
(Any permit or application that has been signed off by the Chair or Vice-Chair is
entered here for the record, unless any Commissioner has questions or comments)
Planning Board/ZBA Department Head Review Agenda Items:
1) Case #P23-07-Prospect Mountain Survey, Agent for Terry Gilmore, Owner- Map 12 Lot 13,427 Wolfeboro Road- Proposal: To subdivide Map 12 Lot 13 into two (2) lots of record. The parent lot would consist of 5.64AC, and proposed Lot 13-1 would consist of 11.16AC
Wetland Permit by Notification (PBN):
Wetlands PBN Application – Town of Alton, Roberts Cove Beach R.O.W, M48 L28 R.O.W - The Town of Alton is proposing to replenish an existing town beach located on the shores of Lake Winnipesaukee along Roberts Cove Road. No more than 10 CY of sand will be placed in the 730 sq.ft. Beach. All appropriate sediment and erosion controls will be in place until work is complete, no sand will be placed below the normal high water line. Once the beach is installed, a designated vegetated area will be over seeded with a seed mix. A total of 730 sq.ft. of permanent impact will occur for this sand replenishment project.
Minimum Impact Expedited Applications:
Standard Wetlands Dredge and Fill Applications:
Shoreland Permit by Notification (SPBN):
Shoreland Permit Applications:
1) Shoreland Permit Application- Calabro, John P & Marie, A, 169 Hopewell Road, M21 L5-The applicant is proposing to reconfigure the permitted,existing pervious driveway, reconfigure and expand an existing patio, install concrete pads for AC condensers and a generator and modify the grading around the home. In total, the proposed temporary impact will be 3,600 sq.ft. with 2,212 sq.ft. of permanent im-pacts for a total impact of 5,812 sq.ft. The proposed impervious area will be 20.5% with a total of 295 sq.ft. of stone drip edge installed for stormwater management. The proposed unaltered area will be 6,675 sq.ft. (40% of the 50'-150' buffer).
2) Shoreland Permit Application – Sunset Rock Lake House, LLC, 122 Minge Cove Road, M60 L26 & 7-3- The Owners are proposing to replace their septic system, currently on (waterfront) lot 26 and relocate it to lot 7-3 (across the road) further away from the lake. The Owners propose to construct a 30’X40’ garage with one bedroom apartment above on lot 7-3. A portion of the proposed septic system and driveway will be located within the 250’ shoreland buffer zone.
3) Shoreland Permit Application – Lakehouse Realty Trust (Richard & Elaine Pe-tersen, Trustees) – 27 Indian Shore Road, M62 L9 – This application is prompted by a neighbor complaint. The neighbor is involved in a boundary and tree dispute with the applicant that is the subject matter of pending litigation. The applicant is submitted in accord with a directive from the DES to obtain permission to maintain a porous, stone, fire pit within the protected shore land. Pictures of the fire pit are at-tached. Also included is a cross section of the materials comprising the fire pit. The entire area, absent the stones that serve to contain the stone porous and water drains in natural manner. No trees will be removed. The fire pit will not create impervious are other than perhaps the border stones which total less than 20 square feet.
4) Shoreland Permit Application – Michael & Roberta Watto – 101 Mount Major Highway, M34 L33-1 – Plan is to install a new foundation under an existing cottage. Storm water measures will be installed.
Notification of Routine Roadway Maintenance Activities:
Reoccurring/Unfinished Business & Projects:
1) Lake Lay Monitoring Program
2) Property Monitoring and Reports
3) Green Oak Realty
4) Natural Resources Inventory Update
5) Gilman pond Management Plan
7) Conserved property signs
8) Future conservation opportunities
1) 2022 Conservation Commission Yearly Report.
Vice Chair Report-
Notice of Intent to Cut Timber:
1) Yelsgup LLC C/O Pugsley, Rickard K – Jesus Valley Rd. M11 L18
1) NHDES Reported Alleged Violation- Vacanza Realty Trust, C/O Steven Boccelli Trustee,126 Mount Major Highway M36 L44
2) NHDES Reported Alleged Violation- Willian Friece, 224 Sleepers Island, M73 L15
3) NHDES Documented Violation – Antohony & Maureen Burns, 179 Sunset Shore Drive, M70 L30
4) NHDES – Alton Circle Market Groundwater Quality Data Transmittal.
Date and time of next meeting:
February 23rd 6 P.M.