Town of Alton

Official Website of Alton, New Hampshire

Voting and Election Info

Voter Registration

To register to vote you will need a photo ID and a birth certificate or US Passport and two pieces of mail with an Alton physical address (not a PO Box). If naturalized citizen, please bring in your naturalization papers with the name of court and date naturalized or a US Passport. The registration form must be completed at the Town Clerk’s office or at a Supervisors of the Checklist session (see Important Election Dates) or on the day of an election at the polls.

Voter ID Law

A photo ID is required at voting. For further information please visit the Secretary of State's website at

More Information

Election Dates
Important election dates for the calendar year

State of New Hampshire Election Information
Voting for the Disabled, Laws and Procedures, Complaints, Political Calendar of Events, Polling Places, FAQs, and more...

State of New Hampshire Voter Information Lookup
Search for party info, polling place, absentee ballot status, etc.

Back to Top