Town of Alton

Official Website of Alton, New Hampshire

Appointment Opportunities

  • Friends of Parks and Rec Committee Volunteer Members

    The Friends of Parks and Recreation Committee is looking for volunteer members who want to make improvements to Town Parks. The Friends of Parks and Recreation Committee is a sub-committee of the Alton Parks and Recreation Commission that supports improvements for the Town’s recreational amenities and parks. Some of the projects include upgrading the Community Playground at Jones Field; Town Park Improvements and development of trails.

  • Old Home Week Committee

    Members are needed for the Old Home Week Committee.

    If you are interested in serving on this committee please send a letter of interest with an appointment form to the Board of Selectmen’s Office, PO BOX 659 Alton, NH 03809.

    For questions please call 603-875-2113 or 603-875-0229.

  • Land Use Board Alternates

    Alternate members are needed for both the Planning Board (PB) and the Zoning Board of Adjustment (ZBA). Alternate members stand in to replace a regular member when appointed by the Chair. The availability of alternate members allows a fuller contingent of board members to consider applications before the Board when regular members are absent. Serving as an alternate member allows a person to gain experience with the Board and evaluate whether they might like to run for election in the future to become a regular Board member.

Back to Top