ALTON CONSERVATION COMMISSION
NOTICE OF MEETING
ALTON TOWN HALL
May 27, 2021 at 6:00 P.M.
Gene Young, Chairman Quinn Golden, Vice Chairman Earl Bagley
Russ Wilder Dana Rhodes Tom Diveny, Alternate
Virgil Macdonald, Selectmen’s Rep Bob Doyle Melinda Ferreira, Secretary
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE: To keep our members and staff safe, and to comply with RSA 91-A, the COVID-19 State of Emergency, and the Governor's Orders on restrictions at public gatherings, the Town of Alton is holding “remote audio participation meetings”. If you cannot attend remotely, please contact the Conservation Secretary at 603-875-2164 or email@example.com for further instructions. To remotely attend the meeting visit our website: www.Alton.nh.gov for telephone access and Zoom access instructions listed under News and Announcements on the home page the day of the meeting. If you are having difficulties accessing the remote meeting, please call 603-507-1002 and someone will assist you.
The Commission voted on October 8, 2020 to temporarily suspend in-person public input due to the SARS-coV-2 pandemic. If the public has comments, the comments can be emailed to the Conservation Commission at firstname.lastname@example.org or sent via US postal mail to Town of Alton Conservation Commission, PO Box 659, Alton NH 03809, and the comments will be read into the record. The Commission will respond to comments as is appropriate.
Approval of Agenda:
Approval of Minutes:
May 13, 2021
1) Natural Resource Inventory- Stoney Ridge Environmental
Planning Board/ZBA Agenda Items:
1) Ryan Heath- Dan Kelley Dr & East Side Dr, M35 L68 & 68-1- Zoning Department Head Review for Variance of the Zoning Ordinance to permit portions of a single family home to be built within the setbacks.
Standard Wetlands Dredge and Fill Applications:
Wetland Permit by Notification (PBN):
1) TJ Bersch Margolis Living Trust- 7 George’s Rd, M37 L48- Install a 6x40 seasonal hinged pier anchored to an existing concrete pad. The permitted piling pier and associated piles were destroyed by ice. Owner wishes to return to seasonal dock construction to avoid future damages from ice flows.
(Signature Requested 5/12/21)
Minimum Impact Expedited Applications:
Shoreland Permit Applications:
1) Cragin Point LLC- 26 Cragin Rd, M49 L25- The owners propose to flatten the driveway and future barn area to reduce run off heading towards the lake and construct a 34’x60’ barn at the furthest point on the property away from the lake.
2) Wolfe Property Holdings Inc- 40 Tranquility Ln, M18 L39-7- The owners propose to tear down existing house and rebuild with new home and attached garage. The existing garage will remain as is, and the drivewmay will be reconfigured. The house will tie into the existing community septic field.
3) Michael Audesse- 16 Acorn Dr, M65 L40- Applicant proposes to rebuild an existing rock retaining wall 2’ further away from shore. Retaining wall is not at shoreline. Remove an existing wood walkway and replace with pervious walkway. Temporary impacts associated with the access, work area, removal of wood walk and erosion control totals 1,332sqft, with impervious area reduced by 142sqft.
Shoreland Permit by Notification (PBN):
Notification of Routine Roadway Maintenance Activities: None
Reoccurring/Unfinished Business & Projects:
1) Green Oak Realty-
3) Gaia GPS Professional Account-
4) Gilman Pond Field Mowing- Rodney Sanborn (2016), Benjamin Thompson 534-4494 (2018), Andrew Morse 817-8191, Burt Morse 455-2605, Dave Avery 569-9162
5) Shape Files for Timbers, PMHS & Hussy Properties-
6) Future of Stockbridge Town Forest
1) NH GRANIT’s Conservation Land Update: Conservation & Public Lands GIS Data Layer-
Notice of Intent to Cut Timber:
1) Michael & Carol Letourneau- Old Wolfeboro Rd, M12 L42
2) Kenneth McKenzie- Muchado Hill Rd, M1 L19
1) Bank Statements for Con/Com
2) DES Wetlands Permit- Susan Sullivan- 138 Rattlesnake Island, M75 L31- Approved 5/6/21
3) DES RFMI- Standard Permit- Broughton- 20 Sand Peep Ln, M41 L31
4) DES RFMI- Shoreland Permit- Stonewood Realty Trust- Levitt Rd, M67 L8
5) DES-Shoreland Permit- Calabro- Hopewell Rd, M21 L5-7- Approved 5/14/21
6) DES Wetlands Permit- Trout Unlimited- Hidden Spring Rd (Upstream Boundary)-Approved 5/19/21
7) DES Wetlands Permit- Boccelli Trust- 115 Mt Major Hwy- M36, L12- Approved 5/19/21