UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE: To keep our members and staff safe, and to comply with RSA 91-A, the COVID-19 State of Emergency, and the Governor’s Orders on restrictions at public gatherings, the Town of Alton is moving from "in-person" meetings to "remote audio participation meetings”. To remotely attend the meeting (audio only) visit our website: www.alton.nh.gov for telephone access and remote access instructions listed under News and Announcements on the home page (you can access an audio/video livestream there as well), or telephone the Planning Department’s Office at (603) 875-2162 between 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM for more information, and for the Dial-in Code and Meeting ID for each Planning Board meeting.
- Call to Order - by current Chairman
- Election of Officers for 2020 – 2021
- Temporarily Waive: “Other Business: #6. Any Other Business that may come before the Board” & “Public Input on Non-Case Specific Local Planning Issues”
- Approval of Agenda
1. Continued from February 18, 2020
Thomas W. Varney, P.E., of Varney Engineering LLC, Agent for Diane Loudon, Owner 74 Davis Road
Map 7 Lot 14 Final Minor Site Plan
Rural (RU) Zone
Proposal: To conduct a commercial function facility to include the use of a barn, which has no kitchen but includes a service area for a caterer, grounds, and an attached apartment to the house for a part time rental.
James & Allison Brown, Agents for William L. Moore, Thomas M. Moore, and Nancy C. Moore, Owners 31 Moore Farm Lane
Map 9 Lot 35 Conceptual Consultation for
Residential Rural (RR) Zone
Proposal: To subdivide Map 9 Lot 35 into two (2) lots of record: Proposed Lot 35-4 will consist of 5 AC and Lot 35 will be reduced to 187+ AC.
1. Old Business:
a. Discussion re: Town Engineer contracts, Northpoint Engineering, LLC, & KV Partners, LLC.
b. Received estimate for road maintenance surety dated January 31, 2020, from Mike Vignale, P.E., re: High Point Road/Brad Jones; Board to determine an expiration date for the bond.
2. New Business:
a. Planning Department’s new Facebook page: Alton, NH Planning Department.
b. Board to schedule additional Planning Board meetings.
3. Approval of Minutes: Special Meeting minutes of December 12, 2019, & January 7, 2020; and Planning Board minutes of December 17, 2019, & January 21, 2020
4. Correspondence for the Board's review/discussion/action:
5. Correspondence for the Board's information:
a. NHDOT Policy Regarding UAS (drones) Use on State Highways.
b. Received Appeal on February 20, 2020, re: Green Oak Realty Development, LLC V. Town of Alton, et al.
c. Notice of Acceptance of Permit Application dated March 3, 2020, re: Subsurface Systems Bureau Application for Subdivision of Land, Fallon Way - Map 8 Lot 3-12, and Ingalls Way – Map 8 Lot 13-10, W&W Ralph Trust.
Newly elected Planning Board Chairman
* If there is foul weather, a lack of a quorum, or the public on a whole cannot obtain access to the hearing electronically, the hearing will be continued to Tuesday, May 19, 2020, at 6:00 p.m. at the Alton Town Hall.